Based in Los Angeles, CA
Early Access: April 5th, 2016
Early Access: $20.00 (USD)
Do you like hotdogs? How about horseshoes? Hand grenades? (Everyone likes hand grenades!) Anyway, we got all that, and guns. So if you like cooking, lawn games, and ordnance, this is the VR sandbox game for you.
Hot dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is a lazy Sunday trip over to your friends house… if your friend was a retired gun-nut with a warehouse full of toys, a few irritating robot pets, and a grill that’s always running. Head on over to the firing range and learn to operate an arsenal full of firearms, compete in structured challenges with global leaderboards. Relax next to the grill, preparing virtual meats, while fending off the ‘wild life’. Or have some friends over and take turns playing classic ‘murican lawn games while making an ass of yourself!
H3VR(for short), is the heaping pile of our mad obsessive VR experiments. This is very much an impressionistically developed experience, so expect it to mutate, expand, contract, somersault, and occasionally explode along the way to final release.
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades started out as a messy unity project on Anton's Hard Drive to test out some new hardware, the HTC Vive. But like so many projects: "We put some video on the internet and people seemed to really like it." Encouraged by the positive response, Anton pitched it to the group, and with that it became a RUST LTD. project.The Sprint
With about a month and a half until the release of the Vive to consumers, we had a lot of work to do if we wanted this to be a launch title. Week after week we put in an unhealthy number of hours and, fueled by coffee and the positive responses to our weekly devlog videos, we raced toward the looming launch date.Early Access
Now that Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is into Early Access we are taking some time to breathe, recover, and to start getting more community feedback. From the very start this project was an experiment, and in many ways it still is. VR is hardly a new field but with the speed tech and design are advancing in this area it feels like every week we have to learn or re-learn something new. Our hope is that by working through this design and developemnt out in open, we can do our part to push the field forward.
- Roomscale VR Experience designed for the HTC Vive.
- Multiple shooting and demolitions ranges from realist to fantastical.
- Timed challenges with global leaderboards.
- Accurate simulations of historical, modern and futuristic weapons.
- Authentic ‘Murican BBQ experience with obsessively detailed grilling simulation.
- Hot-seat (or hot-headset rather) multiplayer classic lawn games like horseshoes, bocce, lawn darts and more.
- A detailed rusty scifi world set in a surreal irreverent vision of the future United States of ‘Murica.
- And whatever other madness we see fit to add!
Intro to the Beta Build YouTube
Jerry the Lemon YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I could play this game every single day for the rest of my life. SERIOUSLY. "
- zerotankor, youtube.com
- " H3VR, the best damn shooting simulator on the planet."
- bloxxin, twitch.tv
- " if you enjoy shooting or blowing things up in games and own a Vive – this game is a must buy!"
- Leon Hitchens, vrsource.com
- "whenever I step away from H3VR to spend some time with another VR game, I always end up getting an itch to play it some more. I can’t help myself."
- Kaano Tech, kaanotech.com
- "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is one the HTC Vive's best action-oriented experiences, with great gun mechanics and attention to detail. Across the game's expansive arsenal of weaponry, each gun and gadget has prominent attributes that manage to convey a noticeable change in handling and aesthetics."
- Matt Brown, vrheads.com
- "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is by far the best showcase of room-scale virtual reality technology"
- , vrgamesfor.com
- "I've had some awesome experiences with the Vive VR kit so far, but this game is the one I think I enjoy the most as an actual game, rather than a semi passive experience. It's incredible! Every interaction in this game is ONLY possible in VR with the extremely accurate hand controllers, and it's a completely different experience to 'normal' videogames (where you usually press R to reload and don't have to aim)."
- Chris Delay (Introversion Software), youtube.com
- "after playing Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, [...] I'm ready to love again."
- Steven Burns, videogamer.com
- "The experience treats the firearm less like a prop in an action movie and more like an actual mechanical object."
- Ben Kuchera, polygon.com
- "Apologies for the lack of gun knowledge, but its awesome to be able to play around with realistic weapons without the chance of accidentally shooting my girlfriend."
- William Boner, youtube.com
Request Press Copy
To request a review key of "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades", head over to our Promoter Page
RUST LTD allows for the contents of Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is legally & explicitly allowed by RUST LTD. This permission can be found in writing at http://press.rustltd.com/sheet.php?p=hot_dogs%2C_horseshoes_%26_hand_grenades.
YouTube playlist of development videos youtube.com.
About RUST LTD
RUST LTD. is a digital design studio based in Los Angeles.
More information on RUST LTD, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades Credits
Lead Designer, Artist
Producer, Sound Designer
Texture/UI Artist, Network Developer
Designer, Writer, Hotdog(s)